1. Every morning my upstairs neighbor vacums at 4 a.m. Every. Freaking. Day. She lives alone and is retired so I’m not sure why but it irritates the heck out of me. But she’s old and I’m not going up there to complain! lol

1. She could be 400 years old. I would march right up there and tell her to cut that crap out. I don’t understand why people think apartments are soundproof. ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. I know. I swear sometimes she must nod off because it just stays in one place. I left a post it on her door last night. No vacuming overnight! Now I feel mean and feel I should take a dessert or a casserole to her. My southern roots/guilt. lol

2. Hahahaha, don’t feel mean. If she does quit the overnight vacuuming, then by all means, bring her something as a thank you. If not, you know who the mean one is.

2. That was a much needed laugh this morning๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Haha, glad I could inject some happiness into your day! You have been awfully quiet recently though. Is everything alright on your end?

1. More or less. Haven’t been feeling well, muscle aches and the usual grumpy old bat stuff๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Aw. Sorry to hear that! Hope you feel better soon. ๐Ÿ˜Š

3. Thank you๐Ÿ˜š

Well, the one time I had an upstairs neighbor she was a lady who mostly “worked at night.” My only complaint came when she cooked chitlins. If you have ever smelled them, you can sympathize.

1. I have HEARD of the smell, and it sounds like when they make “tripe and beans” in Jamaica. I cannot stand the smell of it. This is made even worse by the fact that I don’t eat beef, pork etc. I’m pescetarian. =/

Probably tripe and intestines stink in a similar way.

2. Jamaicans use tripe to mean intestines, although the actual meaning is the cow stomach or something along those lines. Gross either way. I can’t stand the smell of animals simmering in a pot… =/

Yes, that helps. I thought tripe was just the stomach.

4. In English, it is just the stomach. In Jamaican Patois, it is the intestines. Remember those posts where we use English words differently? This would be one of them, haha.

Got it.

4. Willow Croft says:

The worst was not only the loud upstairs neighbours, but also the newly (i.e. cheaply?) built apartment complex. Every week, there was a surveyor there. For months. It made me think the apartment building was sliding down the hillside.
    The upstairs neighbours were tkypically loud, stomping around, just like was described above. One day, though, they dropped something, and I actually ducked and covered…it was so loud and frightening–like a full-size refrigerator has fallen over. I had mentioned the first part about the apartment complex, because following this terrifying noise was an even more scary and very ominous (and very loud) “scrizzzzzzzzz” noise that sounded like the ceiling had cracked all the way across and was going to fall in at any moment.

After that, every time they stomped, I would hear that same crackling noise.

1. That sounds terrible! My goodness! One time, my husband and I had a leaking “roof” on the first floor. By that I mean, the kids upstairs turned over god knows what and it ended up leaking through the floors into the apartment we had. Even worse, it took the complex some time to figure out where the water was coming from…

1. Willow Croft says:

Yuk!

5. lulumonty says:

When I loved In an apartment in NY, it sounded like someone was running back and fourth with heels on for at least 30 min. Smh

1. Oh man, that sounds like hell to try to sleep in. I’m a light sleeper, so I would be up all night.