Education & Qualifications
American Payroll Association (2015)
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
University of Technology, JA (2008 – 2012)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Major: Human Resource Management
Minor: International Business
Montego Bay Community College (2006 – 2008)
Associate Degree Program in the Humanities & Liberal Arts
Business & Writing Experience
Founder & Managing Partner at Alexis Chateau PR (2006 – present)
- Creating written and photographic content for multiple websites; as well as, managing related social media accounts, which account for 90% of their website traffic.
- Creating press releases, website copy, and original articles in a variety of areas, such as, health, fitness, manufacturing, art, real estate, relationships, traveling, and entertainment.
- Writing product reviews for clients, detailing features such as physical appearance, technical specifications, and resale value.
- Improving the readability of articles by eliminating the passive voice, correcting typos, reducing the overuse of linking verbs, and removing unnecessary jargon.
- Creating detailed business plans for entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations in a variety of fields; including cyber security, retail, and home development.
- Editing written interview answers conducted between clients and journalists for online publishing.
- Assisting with the writing of grants and drafting of budgets to obtain funding from government bodies and agencies.
- Petitioning as an activist on behalf of clients, who support causes like animal welfare, social equality, and women’s issues.
- Single-handedly managing bookkeeping, basic accounting, and data entry to track income and expenditure streams.
- Providing consultation to start-up clients to assist with business planning, market positioning and strategy.
- Improving search engine optimization for clients looking to make their brand and content more accessible online.
- Managing and recruiting a talented workforce to assist with campaigns, client projects, and business operations.
Senior Content Strategist at Godigio LLC (2016 – present)
- Ensuring proper data management by securing and encrypting documents related to personal information, and company log-ins.
- Assisting with creating accounting, payroll, and budgeting documents for submission to investors and for future use within the company.
- Unifying all social media accounts across a variety of platforms to represent one brand, serving one purpose. Platforms include YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Google+.
- Creating entertainment and lifestyle content for publication on the company’s new, upcoming website.
- Leading Godigio’s goodwill strategies to support social equality, health and fitness, and environmentalist causes.
- Providing creative direction behind the promotional content for investors and for future use on the company’s website in the form of blog posts, advertisements, and videos.
- Creating and managing the Godigio Blog single-handedly; including design, content management and creation, hiring of writers, and connecting with partners.
- Assisting with the design and website copy of the Godigio website to improve accessibility, flow, and entertainment content.
- Improving search engine optimization for Godigio on major search engines, like Google.
- Liaising with the CEO, President, Board Members, and other key executives to complete any task related to content creation, social media, marketing, creative direction, and corporate planning, as they arise.
- Accompanying the President and CEO on site visits to potential office space locations.
Virtual Assistant to Jose Barajas (2015 – 2016)
- Created three business plans for the client’s consulting company, non-profit organization, and his website; which documented vision, marketing opportunities, and financial goals.
- Assisted with the legal and financial requirements of creating a non-profit organization, and obtaining tax exemption from the IRS.
- Provided industry research on various locations prior to international travel.
- Assisted with launching the clients’ new website, which included creating a domain name, providing hosting platform options, setting up purchase of domain, selecting website theme, and managing content.
Payroll Tax Analyst at ACS, a Xerox Company (2013 – 2015)
- Communicated with public and private Tax Collection Agencies in 12 American states to resolve tax notices and alleviate tax penalties and interest in a timely manner.
- Assisted the Arizona team with balancing tax figures to ensure accuracy when the Jamaican team filed tax returns.
- Filed the monthly, quarterly and annual payroll taxes for over 40 Third Party Client subsidiaries.
- Successfully executed the payroll tax reconciliations and funding requests for two large clients; roughly equalling US $145,000,000 in taxes per month.
- Trained and monitored new-hires on day-to-day, monthly, quarterly, and annual tax-related tasks.
- Assisted the Total Quality Manager and IT team with automating the reconciliation process to reduce the time spent on this task by roughly 50%.
- Graduated with First Class Honours and the highest GPA for HRM class 2011/2012
- Received the Dot Personnel Services Award for outstanding academic HRM performance
Memberships in Professional and Academic Organizations
- Member of the International Association of Professional Writers & Editors (IAPWE)
- Former President of the Human Resource Management Student Association of Jamaica (HRMSAJ)
- Former Vice President of the Human Resource Management Business Seminar for 2011/2012
- Overseer for the Finance, Logistics and Research teams assembled.
- Small-scale social media guru
- Typing Speed – 70 wpm
- Content writing, editing, and marketing
- Learning Spanish
- Conducting and doing write-ups for research
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Empower and Citrix.
- Former Photoshop Guru
- Certified Payroll Professional (American)