Hiking the Yellow River

I’m usually a woman of many words – as evinced in the fact that I am a writer. But for today, I was a woman of few. An incident had sent me back into the land of introspect and there I remained from Saturday night and into the present.

Now that the excitement of being on the brink of a brand new life is dying down, I find myself thinking of other things – perhaps darker things. Things I won’t mention here.

Over the past few weeks, my posts have centered mostly on social commentary. I’ve talked about race relations, animal rights, feminism, and the abuse of the American constitution. Hard to believe this all started eight months ago as just a travel blog, which somehow grew from a mere 25 views in the first month to 7 views per hour in February.

Blog Performance

I want to thank you guys for that – all of you – whether you’ve read all my articles or  just stumbled on this one for the first time. In celebration, I’m returning to the simpler posts about nature and hiking this week, and getting lost in the bushes.

Consider this a break from all the drama enfolding elsewhere in the media. Have a great week guys and enjoy the pictures from our hiking trip below.

~ Alexis Chateau

1. Taimeica says:

Great blog!!!

1. Alexis says:

Thanks! Haven’t heard from you in forever! Really appreciate you dropping by. 🙂

2. Wade says:

Congratulations on all of your success- you’ve earned every bit of it! I’m loving these photos from your hike! That’s some lovely moss you guys found.

1. Alexis says:

Thanks Wade! Still got a ways to go, but I’m getting there slowly but surely!

Yes, it really was interesting. One looked like a little forest on a rock and the next felt like carpet. We had a blast!

1. Wade says:

Slowly but surely gets use where we want to go!

2. Alexis says:

True words Wade. I’ll keep pushing – and you better do the same too! xD

3. Wade says:

You know I will! Onward and upward for the whole team!

3. Reblogged this on TwoToneTheArtist and commented:
    Hiking at Yellow River Park.