What Would Life be Like at Black Hogwarts?

Recently, Harry Potter fans had a lovely treat on Twitter, when #BlackHogwarts started to trend. No one knows who started it or why, but we’re sure glad they did. Once it took off, it soared!

As you can very well imagine, it was especially amazing for Black fans of Harry Potter, who were delighted to run into each other in the Twitterverse. As a proud Ravenclaw, I too joined the madness, to find my fellow housemates.

Naturally, there was some clique behaviour, and a bit of house rivalry, but more importantly, there was laughter. Check out some of the most hilarious speculations of what Hogwarts would be like, if it was predominantly Black.

I had just gotten some bad news when I stumbled across the hashtag. But once I started reading through the tweets, I laughed so hard, I almost felt guilty.

If you’re a Harry Potter fan like me (any Ravenclaws, in the house?!), I hope you get a good laugh out of  #BlackHogwarts, too.

Here’s the million-dollar question, though: would you attend? 🤔

AC Sign 2_0

FIND ME ON:

1. This nearly made me spit my coffee this morning! But Stacey/Umbridge? hahahahahahahaha!

1. Haha, I’m glad you got a good laugh out of it. And yes, Slytherins are like White Supremacists and Republicans all rolled into one. Really for remaining pure bloods, with a distaste for everyone else, and a traditionalist view. Dash supported both Romney and Trump. She’s one of those Blacks (mixed or no) that we would be happy to donate to the KKK, if they would take her.

1. I’m done now! LMBO!!!

2. Hey, I’m just saying…. 😂😂😂😃

2. Dave says:

Would I attend? I would probably fail the entrance exam, but If I could go, it would be magical 🙂

1. Haha, there’s no entrance exam for Hogwarts. You receive an invitation by mail if you’re a wizard, and then you get sorted on arrival. That’s pretty much it.

1. Dave says:

What no entrance exam? seriously…..
        I can do some basic card tricks, but I wouldn’t say I was a wizard 🙂

2. Haha, the entrance “exam” is whether or not wizard genes have smiled upon thee. Hogwarts is in place to help wizards learn to control their powers. 😊

3. Dave says:

Haha, it’s not one of those strange “exams” is it?, you know the type nobody knows what the examiner is looking for?

4. LoL. No, the school knows when a wizard reaches the age for school from magical activity throughout their lifetime. Have you read the books?

5. Dave says:

I have read the philosopher’s stone, I was just winding you up!

6. Tsk tsk, careful now! Or I might think you’re a Slytherin!

7. Dave says:

I’m not like that, I wouldn’t use my wizardry to do black magic! I’m not exactly Lord Voldemort 🙂

8. Haha! Well, that’s good to know. I was starting to get a little worried there!

3. This is epic lol

1. Haha, it really is. 😂

4. I’m not a Harry potter fan so I must confess I’m totally lost here. I will say that I think #blackhogwarts is a fine idea and I’m glad it gave you a laugh when you needed one.

1. Thanks, Cynthia. It was all about representation and finding each other. Blacks don’t exactly have a reputation for being bookish, in America, and Harry Potter books are pretty long!

I know nothing about Harry Potter. However, I did crack up over that picture of the pigeon with the caption that on scholarship he couldn’t afford an owl.

1. Haha, the pigeon photo was one of the most popular ones that day.

6. Catherine says:

This hashtag had me dying laughing. The memes alone were 😂😂😂.

1. I don’t think there has ever been a better hashtag in the history of twitterkind. 😂😂

7. HELL to the YEAH!! I’m still laughin’!

1. Lol. Last I checked it’s still going on, so feel free to join in.

8. The avid Harry Potter fan in my family smiled while reading this. The pigeon one was particularly amusing.

1. Haha, thanks so much for sharing it with them. The pigeon was the star of the show that day!

9. angela1313 says:

Totally awesome. There are a lot of brilliant and twisted (in a good way) minds on that hash tag..

1. Brilliant and twisted…hmmm… is there ever really a big difference? 😂😂

1. angela1313 says:

Now you mention it, probably not LOL

10. Seeing this on Twitter made my day!! Of course I would attend lol. I thought I was a Ravenclaw but Pottermore put me in Gryffindor…oh well 🙂

1. I thought I was a Griffindor, but the quiz I did put me in Ravenclaw. I guess that’s not very surprising. I’m an adventuress, but I’m also pretty bookish. I have 4 books in my bag right now… I graduated college in 2012. 😂