In January of 2018, I received my first Mystery Blogger award. Now, a few months later, here comes another from Chrissie, at Vamp It Up Manchester. I’ve been focusing more on writing my novels than blogging of late, so it’s nice to know I’m not yet forgotten in the Blogosphere!
The rules this time are a little different than last, and are as follows:
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird/funny question (specify)
- Nominate other people to receive this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
Answers to the Questions Asked by Chrissie
I always look forward to the questions that come with these rewards as they usually allow me to share random bits and pieces of my interests and quirks, which may not have otherwise come up. So, here goes!
Would you rather be a famous super hero and have lots of vague friends OR be normal you and have a few close friends?
I’m going to be selfish and say nothing beats having super powers. I’m not even thinking of the hero part—just being able to teleport or make banana nut muffins appear out of nowhere would be pretty darn awesome. Bye-bye social life!
How has your blogging style changed since you started and why?
Funny I should be faced with this question now, as I’ve been going through some of my older posts, and can definitely see where growth has taken place. I would say I’m more bare-faced with my opinions, and more accustomed to sharing more personal details of my trials and triumphs.
Additionally, I started out shying away from having my picture taken, and still do, but have gotten much better with being in front of the camera, now.
If you could make a pizza OR a milkshake/smoothie and add ANY ingredients to it (no judgment) what would you make?
I’m one of those blasphemous souls who love pineapples on their pizza. I’m not sure if this is a tropical/islander thing, but pizza without pineapples is just not pizza. Here are my all-time favourite toppings:
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Banana Peppers
- Bell Peppers
I don’t eat pork, chicken, or beef and have never had a seafood pizza, but I would not be opposed to a side order of mussels. Don’t judge me!
If you could have one small-medium wish, what would it be? (NOT endless wishes lol)
Where does one draw the line with small to medium to large? Hmmm… I would really like a mansion in the desert or by the beach. If we can upgrade to a slightly bigger wish, then I would prefer both. I’ve seen the desert overlooking the beach in California before, so I know it can happen!
I would hibernate out there to write undisturbed, and rent it out via airbnb when I’m back in Atlanta.
What is the most important thing in the world to you?
My cat is the most important thing in the world to me.
Me spying on @alexischateau_ while she tweets instead of works on #MoreauWitches. Hell hath no fury like witches scorned!#CatLife #CatsOfTwitter pic.twitter.com/LJCT4gIjI0
— Shadow the PR Cat (@ShadowThePRcat) April 26, 2018
What decade do you feel suits your personality and style the most?
Left to my own madness, I speak and write in a simplified version of Victorian English, a [some would say bad] habit I picked up in high school, when I first got sucked into reading a lot of antiquarian stories. My upcoming novel, The Moreau Witches is also set in this era. Yet, I don’t believe I would enjoy the prejudice against women and people of colour at this time.
So, maybe I’m better off in Egypt before Africa had any contact with foreigners who would try to conquer them, and where women could own property, run businesses, join the clergy, and use contraceptives without restriction. So maybe 3018 BC? 😅 I imagine this was not that you had in mind, but wouldn’t it be awesome to see how those pyramids came about?!
Three Random Things About Myself
- I’ve been writing every day for sixteen years and will likely continue to do so until the day I die—or until someone chops of my fingers, whichever comes first.
- I have written upwards of 30 books, but never tried to get any published until this year. There is even a completed 5-book political fiction/suspense thriller, series sitting on my hard drive since September 2017. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.
- I was born with a hole in my heart, and by 14 years old, had already been diagnosed with four separate heart conditions. At 28, I still have one on-going heart condition, but have never let it stop me from living the life I want. Better to live until 40, than survive to see 100.
Last year, perhaps from nostalgia, I started to write more posts about my home country. Since then, my Jamaican posts have been the most popular on my blog. The top three this year so far are:
- THE 6 MAIN ETHNIC GROUPS THAT CREATED JAMAICAN CULTURE
- 14 ENGLISH WORDS & PHRASES THAT MEAN SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN JAMAICAN PATOIS
- 50 AWESOME JAMAICAN WORDS & PHRASES THAT COULD PUT SHAKESPEARE TO SHAME
- If you could choose anywhere in the world to call home, where would it be, and why?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- Do you plan on getting my book when it comes out? 😜
- If you could ask me any one thing, what would it be?
- Weird/funny question: Yanny or Laurel?
Anyone can answer these questions, and may do so in the comments or on social media, if you prefer. But as per the rules, I nominate the following bloggers!
20 thoughts on “Thank You to Vamp It Up Manchester for My 2nd Mystery Blogger Award”