I want to be them when I grow up.
An anonymous tip put a man convicted of hosting dog-fights in 1995, behind bars again. Police say when they responded to the call and visited the home of 58-year-old, Roy Chester Bennett, there was evidence of blood on his clothes. When asked where the blood came from, he told the authorities that it had come from his wounded [...]
Colorado has had a long-established history of taking in rescued animals from out-of-state. However, thanks to the new enforcing of licensing rules, some animal shelters no longer meet the requirements to transport animals to Colorado. Chief among them is Going Home Animal Rescue and Transport (GHART), a non-profit organization which transports rescued dogs to many states across [...]
Hoarding is a serious and growing problem in America. People hoard everything from food to furniture; and these days, people are hoarding animals as well. We've all heard of at least one animal hoarding case involving an individual, but what about an entire family? The Quick family in Michigan recently pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charges involving [...]
Thanks to a mailman in Colorado, four abandoned pit bulls escaped certain death. However, the three dead turtles which were also found inside the home were not as "lucky". The pit bulls were reportedly discovered after a mail carrier noticed barking coming from inside the house. Upon closer inspection, he also noticed that some of the windows in the [...]
Back in 2015, a woman in Athens, Greece spotted a dog whose face had completely hardened due to mange. Her condition would later earn her the name "Petra", which is Greek for "stone". The woman who found her snapped a picture and posted it to Facebook in hopes someone would see it and help end [...]
Last summer, an Ann Arbor couple surrendered their emaciated poodle to the Huron Valley Humane Society. The poodle was so weak that volunteers reported it could neither walk nor stand. She could barely even sit comfortably. When asked for an explanation of the dog's condition the couple allegedly claimed that "Brownie" had swallowed a sock. The humane [...]