Help Me Keep Up With You!

Hello Everyone!

This week, I have a terrible confession to make.Β Here goes!

As a blogger, one of the things I struggle with most is keeping up with everyone else’s blogs. Some blogs I follow just to show my support, and some I follow because I love the content. But the ones that mean the most to me are the blogs of readers I have interacted with so regularly that they have become dear friends to me in the blogosphere.

But here’s the problem. I spend hours combing through my WordPress reader each week, and often never run into even one post from these bloggers, because I follow so many! While I love to read everyone else’s posts, I can’t read them all, and first preference should always go to the people I feel most strongly connected to.

So, to all the people who are a regular presence on my blog, and find that I sometimes fall behind on keeping up with yours, please feel free to share links to your blog posts below.

If you’re not a blogger (and even if you are!), I would love to connect via social media.Β If you’re on Twitter and Instagram, or have a Facebook page for your blog that I can follow, please leave the links to those below, as well.

I can’t wait to see what presents you guys leave for me in the comments — and I hope that you will connect with each other, as well!Β πŸ™ƒ

I’ll keep republishing this throughout the year as a prompt to help you promptΒ me, so I don’t miss out on the works of the people who matter most to me. As for me, my most recent posts are:

≑

I am grateful forΒ everyoneΒ who has supported my blog over the years, but this is only for people I connect with on a regular basis — even if you have also fallen off the bandwagon, recently.Β

≑

Alexis Chateau
Publicist & Lifestyle Blogger

Originally published January 31st 2018.

1. Totally just followed you on Instagram. I’m not real active on there yet, but eventually maybe

1. Found you and followed you back. Thanks! 😊

2. I know the feeling of trying to keep up but feeling a bit overwhelmed. And I like what you said about interactions leading to becoming bloggy friends πŸ™‚

1. Yes, bloggy friends like you! Feel free to leave me links to check right here. 😊

1. Read and left comments. Feel free to drop me some more! ^_^

3. Ayesha says:

This is exactly what I face too as a reader.. I follow lot of pages thinking I’ll read each new blog posts but for some or the other reason this has become difficult. . πŸ™‚ Hope I’ll be better organized and can spend some more time on quality blogs. .

1. I often try to check blogs when they leave a comment. That’s my prompt. But sometimes when I’m moderating comments on here, I just have a few minutes to spare (like now!) before I have to run to do something else.

I hope you find a way that works for you, as well. 😊

1. Ayesha says:

1. Looking forward to links from you, although I think I’m caught up. You haven’t been blogging very often!

1. WHAAAAAT! What are you talkin’ about? What about my haiku? What about my K-Drama review? I’m hurt. Just kidding. You do know that I’m on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

2. Haha, I guess I fell behind again lol. Bear with me here! Can you send me your social media links? I want to make sure I’m following you on all of those.

Thanks!

3. I’m already following you on Twitter and Instagram. Relax, Alexis. No Worries.

4. Found you on both! πŸ™ƒ Haha, perfectly relaxed. I’m happy to follow real people I know. So tired of accounts that are bots or 100% automated posting of links and nothing else. πŸ˜‚

5. Tell me about it!

4. Hi Alexis! It’s getting super hard for me to keep up with my favorite bloggers too. I’ve dramatically scaled back the amount of email notifications I get, but I just don’t have to time to read as many posts as I used to. So this is a good idea. Fortunately we already follow each other on Twitter πŸ˜‰

Here’s a link to my latest blog post:

1. Checked it and left a comment there for you. Thanks for keeping me in the loop!

1. Thank YOU for your comment and your reblog!

2. You’re quite welcome! If you ever write a travel guide for Belize, I’d be happy to publish it at http://www.alexischateaupr.com. We have a travel section there as well. 😊

3. Oh my, I’m not nearly ready to write a travel guide yet. I’d have to go back to Belize at least once more, since I didn’t do many touristy things while I was there last time. Of course, I wouldn’t mind going back there at all.

4. Haha, I’m sure you wouldn’t. Let me know when. I might piggyback with you. πŸ˜‚

5. Yes! I’ll definitely keep you posted.

You catch me when you can which is plenty for me. Too old school to have any of those other forums.

1. Haha, I want to catch you more often! If I miss something you really want me to see, drop me a link right here! 😊

Will do.

6. Hi Alexis,
    I’m not half as active as I used to be but I’v E been reading and sharing most of your blogs. I’m on Facebook – June O’Sullivan-Roque.

1. I recognise that name! You’re right. I haven’t heard from you in a while. What have you been up to?

1. Hi Alexis,Thank you for reading my pages. Yes, I am planning to be “heavily into animation” one of these days. I’ve been forwarding your very interesting Jamaican Language entries to my daughter, who enjoys reading them too. She is half Jamaican, and appreciates the info.

2. You’re welcome! Thanks for sharing! I’m glad your daughter enjoys them as well. Have you seen the new one about words we just can’t seem to get right? πŸ˜‚

That’s amazing that you plan to get into animation. It’s a great field to be in!

2. Found your Facebook page and liked it. I don’t think I knew were in Jamaica haha.

7. me says:

I have the same issues … this is a good solution! πŸ™‚

1. Thank you! I don’t think you’re one of my regular visitors/commenters, though. I don’t recognise your blog name or URL, so I removed the IG link. Sorry, but this is to help me focus on keeping up with my “regulars”! Thanks again for dropping by! 😊

1. me says:

I had been following you for about 2 years πŸ™‚ I don’t comment regularly though … but enjoy reading your blog … Love and Light <3

2. Haha, well that would explain it re not commenting often. I’m glad you enjoy reading my blog. I hope I’ll see you in the comments more.

I’ll keep an eye out for your stuff as well. I’m already following you. 😊

3. me says:

8. I have the same problem. I follow many people from around the world. I love the diversity in their cultural backgrounds. I go through my reader daily, but often have to go to up to twelve hours ago, because they live on the other side of the world. Your idea of sending you links is great.

1. I think we all struggle with this, Patrick. I believe in focus though. I’m not trying to read everyone’s post. I’m trying to support the people who have supported me first, and THEN I’ll get to everyone else’s if I have time left over πŸ˜‚ Can’t do it all. We have to pick our battles.

Maybe you should try something similar on your own blog.

9. kittyp0p says:

I understand the struggle to keep up! My Instagram is @kitty_p0p and my Twitter is @forsyth_shannon

1. Followed you on both!