14 Alexis Chateau Red Bathingsuit Banner.jpg

In 2014, I turned down a lot of opportunities to travel and experience the world. Why? Because I’m a woman, and we almost always prefer stability and safety to risk.

After saying no to what might have been an amazing experience in Australia, and then Germany, and then London… I promised myself that for 2015, my New Years’ Resolution was to take risks – calculated risks, but risks all the same.

Adventures and Misadventures

This decision catapulted me into the adventure of a lifetime. I became more involved in charities and volunteer work in Jamaica, and made connections with travelers around the world who inspired me to chase my dreams.

In July 2015, a startup offered me the amazing opportunity to travel and freelance full-time. It was a big risk, but this time I took it. I quit my corporate job in payroll the very next day, gave up my apartment, adopted my pets out to family and friends, and packed my life into three suitcases and a laptop bag.

img-20150628-wa0006.jpeg

After a month of being a nomad in Jamaica, I came to America for my routine summer vacation. That trip took me through Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Georgia.

Two years later – I’m still here!

I’ve now been to 20 of America’s 50 states, with special thanks to travel services provided in partnership with 1 View Point. If you would love to take off on your own adventure soon, then it’s time to stop dreaming & start travelling.

My Career

Doing the tango with a tree at Yellow River Park.

A post shared by Alexis Chateau (@alexischateau_) on

It may sound otherwise, but my journey hasn’t been an easy one these past two years. Like everyone else, my triumphs have been sprinkled with my own fair share of failure and frustration.

Even so, each step has taken me closer and closer to my goals. As I continue to roam outside the confines of 25 years of caution, I have seen so much, and accomplished things I never thought myself capable of.

One of those things was making a living from doing what I love: writing, creating, and helping others to do the same. This dream has manifested itself in Alexis Chateau PR – a PR firm that’s championing the underdogs.

Shadow the PR Cat

One of the best decisions I made since launching the firm was hiring my pesky little PR puss as our Goodwill Ambassador, the and head of the black CATastrophy indie author division. Shadow tweets without opposable thumbs, and is a pleasure to have with us in the office.

The Adventure Continues

If you think this is the part where I tell you I’ve settled down to regular adult life? – think again.

Somehow I’ve managed to find the perfect work-life balance: the envy of millennials everywhere, I suppose. I work 70+ hours per week. Yet, I still have time to travel and work on my novels and short stories; all while enjoying new experiences with great people along the way.

This blog documents those adventures and all the lessons I’ve learned as a Jamaican expatriate in America. Stick around for the tales of struggle and triumph.

You won’t be disappointed.

Alexis Chateau Black Cat

1. M. L. Kappa says:

Hi Alexis! Love your blog, will explore 🌺

1. Thank you. I hope you like what you find!

2. Michael says:

Alexis, I have to admire your courage and determination to find your way in the world…I look forward to reading of your journey…

3. 13hales says:

Hi Alexis! Your adventures are inspiring. I’m so glad you are living your dreams! 🙌✌😀 I am working on being able to live my dreams too! The journey of course isn’t easy to totally leave the rat-race and live in the love, luster and shine of my dreams – but, ‘if it were easy, everyone would do it’. So, the process is in progress. Your blog is great! ✌

1. That’s great! And thank you for dropping by. If you don’t mind me asking, what are the dreams you’re working towards?

1. 13hales says:

You’re welcome 🙂 My dream is building my own company/brand, encompassing​ all of my passions: Latin dancing/performing/teaching; canvas paintings/pencil art; Holistic Health + fitness/wellness and my story suffering with eczema and helping Eczema sufferers worldwide with my their Eczema; and eventually publishing books and doing speaking engagements. I can do it. It will take years, but I’d rather spend my work time at my own company.

2. That makes a lot of sense. That’s why I launched my PR firm!

If you ever need help, let us know. We have two lifestyle coaches on-board, so you could say we have practice!

All the best. I hope you stick around 🙂

3. 13hales says:

Thanks Alexis! 😄

4. Alexis, I find your story both fascinating and uplifting. I like your writing so I’ll be back!

1. Thank you John! Always great to see new faces in the comments. 🙂

5. Wally Fry says:

Thanks for following my blog, and I hope you find a blessing there.

1. You’re welcome Wally. Thanks for dropping by to say hello.

6. Kim Sweeting says:

Hi Alexis…thanks for stopping by “Unwalled”; I am truly honored. I pray that my posts encourage, edify and inspire you in some way in 2017 and beyond…your story is courageous, inspiring and refreshing…all the best!

1. Hello Kim. You’re welcome, and thank you for dropping by to say hello. 😊

1. Kim Sweeting says:

My pleasure….wonderful blog!

7. I look forward to reading more about your journey. Long may it continue, safely, successfully, and satisfyingly!

1. Thank you, Peter! I wish you the same as well. I look forward to seeing you in the comments.

8. The Twentysomething Social Recluse says:

Awesome pictures! Looks like a wonderful time.

1. It has been – thank you!

9. I can not wait to explore your blog!!!

1. You’re welcome, and thank you. Enjoy the exploration!

10. Seems you’d crafted a life of adventure and everlasting youth. Thanks for your recent visit to my blog.