Alexis Chateau: Featured on NBC News

On March 31, 2017 I woke up to amazing news. After a few days of exchanging emails with lifestyle journalist, Christina Heiser, I had finally been featured in an NBC News piece.

Alexis Chateau on NBC News Instagram.png

Entitled How to Use Instagram to Lose Weight and Get Healthier (Really!), it was part of the first set of posts used to kick off NBC News Better. NBC News Better even launched a separate Instagram page to focus on health and fitness without the “disruption” of news.

After the congratulations, one of the first things people ask me is if I knew the journalist prior to working together, and how I convinced her to feature me.

The answer to the first question is no, and the answer to the second is media relations. However, when I tell people I do media relations at my firm, they often have no idea what I’m talking about.

More often than not, people confuse this with social media. The two have little in common, though one function does support the other.

Media relations involves building connections and relationships with gateways to the media, and thus publicity.

This opens the doorway for being cited as a credible source by major media outlets. Not to mention the positive effect on SEO when you receive a backlink from big corporations, government agencies, and news outlets.

Are you Next?

Can I get you featured on NBC? That depends on whether or not the right opportunity lands in my lap that is well-suited to your brand – both personal and professional.

In this case, the opportunity was perfect for me as a lifestyle blogger who spends quite a bit of time on social media.

There’s no guarantee such an opportunity will come around again. However, my media relations skills has landed, me, the firm, and even Shadow, our place in the limelight about a dozen times in the past month.

To learn more about media relations at Alexis Chateau PR, and how we may achieve similar results for you, check out:

Feel free to drop me a comment, or send an email for more information.

Alexis Chateau

Activist. Writer. Explorer.

1. dogotek says:

Impressive. I need to check out your company to learn more about media relations.
    Do you have an elevator pitch that explains what you company does to the novice?

1. Hey Tony. You should! It’s not our only service but Randi describes it as the bread and butter of PR.

The firm’s primary goal is to turn small fish into big kahunas… without breaking the bank. We only work with indie writers, small businesses, and other self-employed professionals πŸ™‚

2. Teherah says:

Congratulations!!! That’s wonderful news and you’re so consistent with your blog it’s only right that it paid off. May you continue to prosper.

1. Thank you Teherah! It’s been a wild ride for sure. Being an entrepreneur is probably the best adventure I ever embarked on.

All the best to you as well!

1. Teherah says:

You’re welcome, your journey makes for an enjoyable and positive morning post. Thanks for sharing. 😊

2. Glad to hear it. I wish you all the best with your journey as well. 😊

3. Congratulations and much success!

1. Thanks JoAnn. I’m building the family name for us haha

1. Thanks, Alexis! God willing, I’ll hire your services some day. πŸ™‚

2. I can’t wait JoAnn! I’m sure we’ll be quite the team.

And thank you. 😊

4. Well done, Alexis. I hope you will continue to achieve your goals for a long time to come. πŸ‘

1. Thanks Fatima. I’m working at it every day πŸ™‚

5. Congratulations Alexis! All of your hard work and creativity continues to pay off! Your good news gives us all hope. Keep sharing! Keep shining! 🌟

1. Thanks Andrea. Glad to be a beacon of hope for everyone else. Hard work does pay off in the end. 😊

1. 😊😊😊

1. Thank you πŸ™‚

6. Congratulations Alexis! That’s huge! I’ll definitely be checking out your PR firm, as I’m a writer and photographer looking to branch off on my own soon. Look how the universe works! πŸ™‚

1. Thank you! Branching out on my own was one of the best decisions I ever made. I’m sure it will be for you too.

Hope to hear from you soon!

7. What?! CONGRATULATIONS!! That’t great! I can’t wait to see you continuing to do bigger and better things. Gwaan Goodie!!**Please excuse my 2 seconds of ratchet lol

1. Lmao! Your 2 seconds of ratchet was hilarious! And thank you. Really excited to see where else the PR road will take me. πŸ˜„

8. Patricia says:

1. Thanks Patricia! 😊

9. K. Hules says:

Congrats!! I’m so excited for you! Overachieving pays off yet again. :]

1. Lmao. Your comment cracked me up! Yes! It does! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1. K. Hules says:

I live to entertain haha ;]

2. I can see that!